Do you have several jeans in the closet that you no longer use? Go ahead and give them a second chance and recycle them, with a little imagination and skill you can create beautiful decorative items for your home. Next, we tell you how to make a denim curtain and give your home a cozy and original touch.
If you take a look at Pinterest, you can find a lot of examples. We have stayed with the Vicky Myers Creations denim curtain, but there are many more.
The first thing you have to do is get hold of the materials. To make a denim curtain, you only need denim - in pours -, sewing scissors, thread, needle - or sewing machine -, buttons and lining fabric.
You must bear in mind that the lining fabric must have the same dimensions as the curtain. Once you have everything ready, get to work! Here are the steps to follow:
1. Cut jeans into square or rectangular pieces of about the same size. The seams of jeans are not a problem, so you can include them in your handmade curtain.
2. Make sure you have different shades of denim fabric and before you start sewing, put them all on a flat surface combining the different colors - so that it is similar to the photo.
3. It's time to sew the different pieces of fabric, take out needle and thread and get to work! Start vertically and when you have all the strips prepared join them horizontally.
4. Now it's time to prepare the lining of the denim curtain. It's very simple, you just have to cut the liner the same size as the curtain and sew it from the back.
5. To finish, you have to create the strips from which the curtain will hang. We can use the waistband of the jeans -the waistband- and use the buttons as a decorative element.
6. Hang the curtain!
Do you dare to create your own denim curtain?
Inscríbete a nuestro boletín de noticias para recibir promociones, descuentos y cosas interesantes sobre el mundo Denim.