In Captain Denim we work with different seals and certifications that prove that the fabrics we use respect the health, working conditions of workers and the environment. Despite being all encompassed within a common framework that is sustainability, each seal has clear and marked principles that we break down below:
• Global Organic Textile Standard: in the case of GOTS, the world leader in the processing of textiles made with organic fiber, it is supported by independent certifications throughout the supply chain and also includes ecological and social criteria. The objective of this standard is based on establishing globally recognized requirements to guarantee the organic condition of textile products, from obtaining the raw material to the correct labeling of the final product, through responsible production with the environment.
In this sense, only those textile articles that contain a minimum of 70% organic fiber can be certified GOTS. Likewise, all chemical products, such as dyes and auxiliaries, must meet certain environmental and toxicological requirements, and the choice of accessories must also be consistent with ecological aspects.
• Confidence Textiles: this seal guarantees that certified items meet the ecological-human requirements of the Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX®. With this certification the final consumer is assured that textile products have been analyzed controlling substances harmful to health.
• Global Recycled Standard: sets the requirements for the certification of recycled content. This seal guarantees the traceability of our products, in terms of the content of recycled material in the final composition of the article, which must be at least 20% of the total. This allows to verify the recycled content of the products, as well as the social, environmental and chemical practices that have been carried out in the production.
• Dry Indigo: based on the new Dry Indigo technology, this seal includes a primary polishing of previous dyeing per second, which facilitates obtaining contrasted effects on the fabric, both through physical treatments and with the daily use of the garments, customizing them. In addition, this seal leads to a saving of 65% of water compared to traditional dyeing processes and also achieves a 100% biodegradable product.
• Better Cotton Initiative (BCI): this certification defends sustainable cotton production in 3 basic pillars: environmental, social and economic. Mainly, with this initiative the raw material is offered under controlled prices and the worthy work of the workers in the producing countries is committed. In addition, intermediaries are avoided when they come into direct contact with farmers. BCI controls the working conditions and chemicals used in order to respect the rights of workers. In this sense, it tries to improve cultivation techniques and promotes the reduction of the use of pesticides and other chemical products harmful to health and the environment.
• OEKO-TEX® ECO PASSPORT: this seal certifies that both the inks used to screen the shirts and the pretreatment liquid do not contain substances harmful to health and are suitable for any skin type.
And you, did you know these stamps and certifications?
Inscríbete a nuestro boletín de noticias para recibir promociones, descuentos y cosas interesantes sobre el mundo Denim.