In order to eradicate poverty, improve the quality of life of citizens and protect the environment, in September 2015 a new sustainable development agenda was adopted that involves all sectors of society: governments, the private sector, civil society and citizens.
Each of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals -ODS- has established a series of specific goals that must be achieved in the next 15 years, and among them, the following stand out:
1. End poverty in all its forms.
2. End hunger by achieving food security and promoting sustainable agriculture.
3. Guarantee a healthy life and promote social welfare.
4. Guarantee an inclusive, equitable and quality education.
5. Achieve gender equality.
6. Ensure universal water availability and sanitation.
7. Guarantee access to affordable, sustainable and safe energy.
8. Promote full employment and decent work for all.
9. Promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization.
10. Reduce inequalities among people around the world.
11. To make cities and different human settlements inclusive, safe and sustainable.
12. Promote sustainable consumption and production.
13. Fight climate change.
14. Conserve our oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
15. Manage forests and lands in a sustainable way and boost biodiversity.
16. Promote justice, peace and social inclusion.
17. Revitalize the World Alliance for Sustainable Development.
In this sense, in Captain Denim we carry out a policy of maximum respect to our customers, suppliers and workers. Likewise, Captain Denim products, in addition to our economic, social and environmental activity, are sustainable. As you know, our factory works with biomass as the main energy source and solar panels that complement it, with the aim of minimizing the impact on the environment as much as possible.
A part of the fabric and the material that we use is recycled, giving it a second life, in order to maximize the resources of our planet. For example, even if you do not believe it, the solid residues of the dyes that we use on jeans and denim shirts are reused to produce construction materials.
On the other hand, all our fabric suppliers are Spanish and also develop a series of policies to respect the rights of workers and to defend decent working conditions for all. Sustainable denim is possible, do not you think?
Inscríbete a nuestro boletín de noticias para recibir promociones, descuentos y cosas interesantes sobre el mundo Denim.