Faced with the mass consumerism of the conventional textile sector that leads the so-called fast fashion, emerged some years ago the movement of the slow-fashion, as a kind of resistance that advocates the defense of the sustainability of production processes, respect for the environment , support for the local and the guarantee of decent working conditions and the rights of workers in the sector.
To learn more about this movement today we bring you what we believe are the 10 commandments of the slow-fashion:
1. Supports local and fair trade.
2. Oppose the fast-fashion or conventional fashion and do not succumb to trends that change in a fast way. Bet on fashion made 'on a low flame'!
3. Opt for brands that prioritize the quality of the garments versus the quantity.
4. Recycle and make use of second-hand garments. You can even customize your clothes to give them a new life and thus avoid 'spending to spend'.
5. Consume clothing made with materials created in a sustainable manner.
6. Investigate the origin of the products or garments you buy.
7. Values the transparency of brands when addressing essential aspects such as working conditions of workers.
8. Change your buying habit - if you have not already done so - and encourage an ethical and responsible consumption.
9. Buy less but more quality, you will save in the long term!
10. Think about the benefits of supporting sustainable fashion, both for workers and the planet, even for your health!
As you know, Captain Denim is a jeans company located in Madrigueras -province of Albacete- for more than 40 years. In this small large family of approximately 50 workers, we take great care in the quality of the product, making it also affordable to any pocket.
With the 'Made in Spain' and sustainable fashion by flag, in Captain Denim we believe that a better world is possible, and that this change comes mainly from the hand of sustainability, fair trade, respect for the environment and the defense of the rights of workers. Cheer up, support the slow-fashion, support the planet!
Inscríbete a nuestro boletín de noticias para recibir promociones, descuentos y cosas interesantes sobre el mundo Denim.