La hora del planeta, el gesto simbólico que podemos hacer desde casa
Like every March 26th, Earth Hour is a symbolic gesture developed by WWF to draw attention to the problems of climate change. This movement was born in Sindey in 2007 and consists of turning off the lights in buildings and monuments for one hour. We are going to join this movement both in our factory and at home with some little tricks that we give you below, and you join Earth Hour?
What does Earth Hour consist of?
This action goes far beyond turning off the lights for an hour, it is a symbol to remember that nature is our vital pillar for the planet and that we need everything it gives us. The air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, and if all this is given to us by nature, defending it is our main task.
Although its first edition was in 2007, it did not reach our country until 2009 and since then, Earth Hour is one of the largest movements in the world. It is the loudspeaker of millions of people, institutions and companies.
What we can do to save the planet
In addition to turning off the light for an hour, we can also make small changes in our routine. Take note:
Your closet is key to saving the planet
Have you ever stopped to think about the clothes we have and how much we wear? This happens to us a lot. We buy clothes and then, for different reasons, we don't wear them. Because we do not like it, it is too big or too small, we are tired of it... As you know, in every closet there is always something we do not use. For these cases we recommend:
- Use second hand clothes selling apps like Vinted or Percentil.
- Donate it to NGOs such as Humana or Caritas.
- Pass it on to the next generations. Millennials will know much more about what we are talking about, who has not inherited clothes from a cousin?
- Exchange them with friends. A few beers, clothes and friends, a VIP flea market!
How we wash our clothes, how to read labels or what's behind each garment, everything influences the planet. And if you think about it, everything is a wheel: if you consume sustainable and local fashion, you avoid your clothes being transported from thousands of kilometers away; if you read the labels, composition and washing instructions, you extend the life of your clothes and thus avoid constantly renewing the closet.
How to take care of the environment from home
We propose simple tips that we carry out in our routine:
- Don't forget to separate to recycle and take it as a habit.
- Reusable and bulk products.
- Buy from local establishments. Grab your shopping cart and enjoy the market.
- If you have a yard, garden or orchard, plant trees (and our chamomile seed tags)!
On our blog you will find a post that will help you lead a more sustainable life.
Remember, on March 26th from 20:30h. to 21:30h., we invite you to turn off the light, we count on you!
No comment at this time!